Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
Problem when changing configuration

Thread Starter: cmorgan   Started: 08-10-2005 4:47 AM   Replies: 1
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Problem when changing configuration
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  10 Aug 2005, 4:47 AM
cmorgan is not online. Last active: 3/12/2012 11:18:24 AM cmorgan

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-10-2005
Posts 6
Problem when changing configuration
When I amend the configuration (for example adding an excluded page) I get this error message on the UlimateSearch input control:

UltimateSearchInclude directory not found. Click here to see FAQ for initial steps.

When I reset iis (iisreset /restart) all is ok. If I delete the index file all reindexes ok and the search works fine.

This happens every time I make a valid change to UltimateSearch.Config!

Am I missing something?

11 Aug 2005, 12:10 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Problem when changing configuration

This problem is encountered when you edit and save UltimateSearch.config in VS.NET due to .NET caching. You can verify this issue by checking the UltimateSearch.event.log file to see "The process cannot access the file "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\YourWebApp\UltimateSearchInclude\UltimateSearch.config" because it is being used by another process".

You should always edit UltimateSearch.config in Notepad instead of VS.NET since VS.NET puts a lock on the file that prevents it from even being read. However, if you edit and save the config file in VS.NET, and experience any problems (check UltimateSearch.event.log in case of an unwanted behavior) follow these steps in the given order:

1. Rebuild (not build) your application.
2. Delete the UltimateSearch.index file.
3. Run your application and search.

Note that you don't need to restart IIS, or reboot your machine.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Problem when changing configuration

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2020 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.