Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
General Feedback
Re: Suggest class example for UltimateSearch

Thread Starter: gwheeloc   Started: 10-07-2008 12:10 PM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » General Feedback » Re: Suggest class example for UltimateSearch
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  07 Oct 2008, 12:10 PM
gwheeloc is not online. Last active: 4/5/2010 9:05:41 AM gwheeloc

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-31-2007
Posts 36
Suggest class example for UltimateSearch
Do you have an example available using the Suggest class for the UltimateSearch control?  This statement from your documentation on the Suggest class:

"Represents a web page used by UltimateSearchTextBox to find and display suggested search terms. "

I'd like to explore using this, but I'm not sure which part of the searchinput control  and user experience this effects.  The part about representing a web page is throwing me off.

thanks,
gwheeloc

07 Oct 2008, 12:17 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
Please take a look at the "Display Suggest Box" sample at http://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateSearch&sample=SuggestBox. You can use the search input control as an AutoComplete box that displays suggestions as the user types the search terms. Our home page uses UltimateSearch in the same fashion.

07 Oct 2008, 12:36 PM
gwheeloc is not online. Last active: 4/5/2010 9:05:41 AM gwheeloc

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-31-2007
Posts 36
I have looked at the sample.  I'm even using the feature for my own site, but the code from your example does not show how to use Server API around the Suggest class.  I guess I should of been clearer on what I am inquiring about. 

Reason why I would like to know more?  Sometimes as I'm entering a search term I see, what appears to me as an entire page in the suggestion area, but sqeezed into a column the width of the input text box.  And I don't see nice words with page counts next to them.  So I'm wondering; A - if there is a problem, B - If there is a problem, what are my possible workaround options, C - Maybe I can do some custom work in this area of the control to offer more to the search experience.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » General Feedback » Re: Suggest class example for UltimateSearch

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.