Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateTabstrip
issue with ultimatetabstrip and gridviews

Thread Starter: tmshealth   Started: 10-03-2008 11:21 AM   Replies: 7
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateTabstrip » issue with ultimatetabstrip and gridviews
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  03 Oct 2008, 11:21 AM
tmshealth is not online. Last active: 10/6/2008 9:49:48 AM tmshealth

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-03-2008
Posts 1
issue with ultimatetabstrip and gridviews
Hi, I'm having an issue concerning a specific type of error using a databound gridview within the ultimatetabstrip control. I think it probably has something to do with the form posting back to itself, but thats just me hypothesizing. It might also have to do with the fact that the gridviews are in web user controls.

App environment: .NET 3.5, Visual Studio 2008, latest version of Karamasoft UI Suite, ASP.NET front end, C# codebehinds, SQL Server 2000 backend.

I have a launch page, admin.aspx. This page contains an instance of the UltimateTabStrip. In each tab content section I have a reference to a web user control, which contains a databound gridview.

Loading this admin page works fine, and the ultimatetabstrip loads up as normal. Paging between the tabs works perfectly too, rendering the gridviews with no issues. The problem is, I have dynamic editing/deleting/inserting turned on for the gridviews. And when you click on, lets say, the edit link, I get the following error:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'DISPOSITIONCODE'  Key being added: '
DISPOSITIONCODE'
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '
DISPOSITIONCODE'  Key being added: 'DISPOSITIONCODE'

Now bear in mind that it doesnt matter what gridview I hit an edit link on, I will get this same error (the key its referring to is for the very first gridview rendered, on the first tab, or I guess the default tab). Please help!

Listed below is the (truncated) listing of:
a) the admin launch page, housing the ultimatetabstrip control
b) one of the user control pages which renders the gridview within the UTS control

a) (admin.aspx)
<kswc:UltimateTabstrip ID="UltimateTabstrip1" runat="server" Scheme="Windows">
            <Tabs>
                <kswc:Tab HeaderText="Dispositions">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                    <uc1:adminDispositions id="adminDispositions1" runat="server"></uc1:adminDispositions>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                </kswc:Tab>
                <kswc:Tab HeaderText="Materials">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                    <uc2:adminMaterials id="adminMaterials1" runat="server"></uc2:adminMaterials>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                <kswc:Tab HeaderText="Messages">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                    <uc3:adminMessages id="adminMessages1" runat="server"></uc3:adminMessages>
                    </ContentTemplate>
            </Tabs>
        </kswc:UltimateTabstrip>

b)  (adminCustomers.ascx)

<asp:GridView ID="gvDispositions" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
            CellPadding="4" DataKeyNames="DISPOSITIONCODE" DataSourceID="dsDispo"
            ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None">
            <FooterStyle BackColor="#1C5E55" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
            <RowStyle BackColor="#E3EAEB" />
            <Columns>
                <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" ShowInsertButton="True" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="DISPOSITIONCODE" HeaderText="Code" ReadOnly="True"
                    SortExpression="DISPOSITIONCODE" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="DISPOSITIONDESC" HeaderText="Description"
                    SortExpression="DISPOSITIONDESC" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="DISPOSITIONTYPE" HeaderText="Type"
                    SortExpression="DISPOSITIONTYPE" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="ACTIVE" HeaderText="Active"
                    SortExpression="ACTIVE" />

</Columns>
            <PagerStyle BackColor="#666666" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
            <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#C5BBAF" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
            <HeaderStyle BackColor="#1C5E55" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
            <EditRowStyle BackColor="#7C6F57" />
            <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" />
        </asp:GridView>

<aspTongue TiedqlDataSource ID="dsDispo" runat="server"
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStringsBig SmileataConnection %>"
        SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"
        SelectCommand="XXX"
        DeleteCommand="XXX"
        InsertCommand="XXX"
        UpdateCommand="XXX">
        <DeleteParameters>
            XXX
        </DeleteParameters>
        <UpdateParameters>
            XXX
        </UpdateParameters>
        <InsertParameters>
           XXX
        </InsertParameters>
    </aspTongue TiedqlDataSource>

07 Oct 2008, 8:11 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
Re: issue with ultimatetabstrip and gridviews
Removing DataKeyNames="DISPOSITIONCODE" from your GridView definition seems to prevent the error message in our test web app. However, the GridView looks like it loses its state after the postback and therefore it doesn't render the GridView in edit mode after you click the Edit link. The issue of retaining the state of the server controls inside the UltimateTabstrip has been a known issue and we haven't resolved this issue yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

05 Mar 2010, 8:06 AM
mikeb51 is not online. Last active: 12/4/2013 9:42:26 AM mikeb51

Not Ranked
Joined on 03-05-2010
Posts 4
Hi,

Any update on retaining the postback data on a gridview?  I am attempting to use the tab that contains a gridview.  On postback, I am not receiving any rows, although the data can be viewed with the Reqeust.Form object.

This has been outstanding since 10/2008, and I find the control useless it this elementary feature is not supported.

05 Mar 2010, 11:02 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
The postback operation doesn't have any issues with other standard ASP.NET controls such as textbox, dropdown, etc, however, the GridView is losing its state. This issue with the GridView hasn't been resolved yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

05 Mar 2010, 12:17 PM

Not Ranked
Joined on 03-05-2010
Posts 4
Any idea when this will be fixed????

Any tested workarounds???

05 Mar 2010, 3:12 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
This issue is still in our product enhancement list and we cannot promise a release date when this issue will be fixed at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience.

08 Mar 2010, 6:41 AM

Not Ranked
Joined on 03-05-2010
Posts 4
Sorry to belabor the point, but I purchased software and there is a MAJOR outstanding issue that affects usability of the purchased product with real money that didn't have a "release date".  Additionally, this point was brought up over 18 months ago.  Why hasn't this issue been fixed?  I purchased this product with good intentions and after reading the specs felt quite certain that it would meet my company's requirements.

If you don't have a fix date, (after 18 months) then I feel that you should provide a detailed workaround to this issue.

09 Mar 2010, 12:15 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
There was a similar issue at http://forums.karamasoft.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5134 when there is a GridView inside the UltimateTabstrip control the event handlers didn't function properly. GridView seems to be doing something behind-the-scenes in terms of the event handlers when it is placed inside the tabstrip and we haven't come up with a resoltuion for the issue so far. You can try the workaround mentioned at the bottom of the thread to see if it helps.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateTabstrip » issue with ultimatetabstrip and gridviews

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.