Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateEditor
Remove Format issues

Thread Starter: tkerin   Started: 02-24-2008 6:32 PM   Replies: 1
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditor » Remove Format issues
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  24 Feb 2008, 6:32 PM
tkerin is not online. Last active: 3/10/2008 11:31:13 PM tkerin

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-25-2008
Posts 2
Remove Format issues
I'm having some problems with the Remove Format functionality of the UltimateEditor control (v3.0). Both of these issues can be reproduced in the UltimateEditor->ContentHandling->PasteOptions example page at:

http://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx

Problem 1:
In IE6, highlight the first two words ("You can") and click the Bold button.
Now select the entire example text (using either mouse or the Select All button).
Click the Remove Format button.
Now two bad things happen: The line breaks get stripped out, and the entire text has been turned bold.

Problem 2:
In Firefox2, highlight the first two words ("You can") and click the Bold button.
Now select the entire example text (using either mouse or the Select All button).
Click the Remove Format button.
The formatting has been stripped out correctly and line breaks retained, but the words "from the" have been taken from their original location between "Paste from the context" and moved to the start of the paragraph.

Problem 1 is the most serious for me as that's the browser of my users, but number 2 came up while I was investigating. Do you have any suggestions for how I can resolve the IE issue?

Thanks

-Trent

25 Feb 2008, 1:50 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Remove Format issues
We fixed issue #1 for IE. We are investigating issue #2 for Firefox. We haven't released a new build yet but will send you a patch shortly.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditor » Remove Format issues

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2019 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.