Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimatePanel
Panel behavior on production server

Thread Starter: lweekly   Started: 01-24-2008 7:57 PM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Panel behavior on production server
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  24 Jan 2008, 7:57 PM
lweekly is not online. Last active: 1/13/2009 1:42:24 PM lweekly

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-14-2007
Kansas City, KS
Posts 37
Panel behavior on production server

I've had the same panel (used as a menu) on my pages for 3 weeks. It worked on my development machine and when I copied it to the production server, it also worked fine.

The exact same files are both places. I have copied the entire site folder from the development machine to the production server almost daily, and never had a problem like this.

One of the Panel groups (News) now doesn't work on the production machine.

I can click it, it opens, and I can select an item. All's well. But, when I open the new page, the group is closed (it should be open).

If I click another heading (that doesn't contain items), once I open that new page, the problem group is open, like it should have been on the previous page. When it's in this awkward state, I also can't open the other multi-item group (Programs).

If I instead initially open the Programs Group, it works fine (on both machines). But once I click in the News items, the problem returns.

Remember, this problem only occurs on the production server, not on my development machine.

Here is the code from the aspx side:

<cc2:UltimatePanel style="LEFT:3px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:164px" id="upAS" runat="server" PanelSource="AutoScroll.xml" ScriptPath="~/Scripts" ImagePath="~/Images/XP" CssFile="~/App_Themes/DarkGradient/AutoScroll.css" MultiGroupOpen="false" ClientPersistence="True">

<asp:Panel ID="pnlSearch" Runat="server" Width="140">

<cc3:UltimateSearchInput ID="UltimateSearchInput1" runat="server" SearchOutputPage="searchOutput.aspx" SearchTextBox-CssClass="searchTextBox"></cc3:UltimateSearchInput>

</asp:Panel>

</cc2:UltimatePanel>

Here's the AutoScroll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Panel xmlns="http://schemas.karamasoft.com/WebControls/UltimatePanel" ScriptPath="~/KSB/Scripts" ImagePath="~/Images/XP"

CssFile="~/App_Themes/DarkGradient/AutoScroll.css" PanelCssClass="AutoScrollPanel" GroupHeaderCssClass="AutoScrollGroupHeader"

GroupHeaderOpenCssClass="AutoScrollGroupHeaderOpen" DefaultItemCssClass="AutoScrollItem" DefaultGroupCssClass="AutoScrollGroup"

DefaultItemOverCssClass="AutoScrollItemOver" PanelWidth="140" GroupSpacing="2" GroupHeaderWidth="98"

GroupHeaderLeftIcon="lftGradC.gif" GroupHeaderRightIcon="rtDnGradC.gif"

GroupHeaderRightIconOpen="rtUpGradC.gif" AutoScrollVertical="True" >

<Group xmlns="">

<Item ID="Item0" Caption="Home" URL="contentpage.aspx?Home" RightIcon="lftGradC.gif">

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed" >

</Group>

</Item>

<Item ID="Item1" Caption="News" >

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed">   ' I also tried this InitiallyOpen, but got the same result

<Item ID="Item3" Caption="Customer News" URL="Newscontentpage.aspx?CustomerNews" >

</Item>

<Item ID="Item4" Caption="KSB Events" URL="Newscontentpage.aspx?KSBEvents" >

</Item>

<Item ID="Item5" Caption="General News" URL="Newscontentpage.aspx?GeneralNews">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item6" Caption="Newsletters" URL="Newscontentpage.aspx?Newsletters">

</Item>

</Group>

</Item>

<Item ID="Item11" Caption="Programs" >

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed">

<Item ID="Item12" Caption="DOX" URL="contentpage.aspx?DOX">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item13" Caption="Charting" URL="contentpage.aspx?Charting">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item14" Caption="Patient CheckIn" URL="contentpage.aspx?Checkin">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item15" Caption="Ins Card Scanner" URL="contentpage.aspx?CardScanner">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item16" Caption="Label Editor" URL="contentpage.aspx?Labels">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item17" Caption="eStatements" URL="contentpage.aspx?eStatements">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item18" Caption="eClaims" URL="contentpage.aspx?eClaims">

</Item>

<Item ID="Item19" Caption="Downloads" URL="contentpage.aspx?Downloads" AllowedUsers="Administrators,Managers">

</Item>

</Group>

</Item>

<Item ID="Item20" Caption="Shop" URL="shop.aspx" RightIcon="lftGradC.gif">

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed" />

</Item>

<Item ID="40" Caption="Search">

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed">

<Item ID="42" Type="ServerControl" ServerControlID="pnlSearch" />

</Group>

</Item>

<Item ID="Item50" Caption="Links" URL="contentpage.aspx?Links" RightIcon="lftGradC.gif">

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed" />

</Item>

<Item ID="Item60" Caption="Contact" URL="contentpage.aspx?Contact" RightIcon="lftGradC.gif">

<Group Display="initiallyClosed" />

</Item>

<Item ID="Item70" Caption="Website Admin" URL="StoreAdmin/default.aspx" RightIcon="lftGradC.gif" AllowedUsers="Administrators">

<Group Display="initiallyClosed" />

</Item>

</Group>

</Panel>

I've also re-copied the panel.dll to the main server.

Thanks for any ideas,

Lon

24 Jan 2008, 7:59 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-14-2007
Kansas City, KS
Posts 37
Re: Panel behavior on production server
I have sent you an email with a link and login so you can see this for yourself.

Lon

24 Jan 2008, 9:20 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-14-2007
Kansas City, KS
Posts 37
 Never mind
I hope nobody spent any time on the above post.

Time is short for this project, so I rebuilt my master pages from the one that worked (even though they were almost exactly the same). None of the applicable items are different.

Now the erratic behavior is gone.

I do have one question. If you look at the site (see my email for link,etc.),
why does the News Group close and then re-open every time it's clicked in but the Programs group appears to stay open, which looks a lot nicer?

It's kind of like what was happening before, but it does re-open. Before it stayed closed.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Panel behavior on production server

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.