Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpell
Re: Adding event handlers server side

Thread Starter: troops12   Started: 12-06-2007 10:24 AM   Replies: 1
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Re: Adding event handlers server side
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  06 Dec 2007, 10:24 AM
troops12 is not online. Last active: 12/17/2007 3:10:14 PM troops12

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-19-2007
Posts 9
Adding event handlers server side

I have been putting UltimateSpell through its paces on some test projects for work. The last thing I need to do is use the control in a page with dynamically added controls within a form generator. I am placing the UltimateSpell control on the base page and then adding many other custom controls on the page after the UltimateSpell has already been loaded. I can emit javascript to add the event handlers for my custom controls, but they are being loaded after the Load event for the UltimateSpell control has already fired. Is there a way to add events server side without having to use javascript? For example as I am loading each control I am adding the control to the ControlIDSToCheck can I add event handlers at the same time? Thanks

06 Dec 2007, 11:05 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Adding event handlers server side
Which kind of event handlers are you trying to add? UltimateSpell has a [ultimateSpellId]_OnLoad() function template on the client-side to handle window onload events after the UltimateSpell control is completely loaded and ready to be reached by the UltimateSpells and UltimateSpellAsYouTypes collections on the client-side. You can use it as follows:

function UltimateSpell1_OnLoad() {/* custom function */}

or

function <%=UltimateSpell1.ClientID%>_OnLoad() {/* custom function */}

You can see more UltimateSpell client-side API at http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimateSpell/ClientAPI.htm

If you let us know more about what exactly you are trying to achieve, we can help you better. Some sample code would help. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Re: Adding event handlers server side

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2020 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.