Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
General Feedback
Safari Support is IMPORTANT for Mac

Thread Starter: MacGuy   Started: 10-03-2007 7:49 PM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » General Feedback » Safari Support is IMPORTANT for Mac
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  03 Oct 2007, 7:49 PM
MacGuy is not online. Last active: 10/3/2007 8:58:01 PM MacGuy

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-04-2007
Posts 1
Safari Support is IMPORTANT for Mac
Hi Folks,
I'm really in a bind and need safari support.  Here's the poop.

We are a big mac shop, and we serve some 5,000 customers, many of whom are mac users (they're all artsy folk).  For our internal folk (200 users), we deploy macs with both FireFox 2.0 and Safari (comes with the beast) and let our users pick a browser (as CTO, we can debate my sanity over drinks).
Given that strange demographic, my website takes about 1M hits per day as follows:
i.e. 56.7%
ff 22.2%
safari 19.7%
opera 0.2%
netsape 0.3% (I think this might be all me ...)

As you might imagine, my marketing folks won't let me kiss off safari based on these numbers so I need controls that support it.

I understand that supporting Safari is hard, especially with 2.0 and 3.0 on such different planets, but Safari is the browser that comes with mac and not supporting it basically means you don't support apples strategic direction. 

I buy 3rd party software 'cuz you guys do the hard stuff.  Safari isn't easy, but if you did support it, my choice would be a no-brainer.  as is, i can't use karmasoft (much tho I love the functionality).

I thought I'd share stats in case others might also have data that would help you make the internal case for support.
Thx for reading!
Best,
MacGuy

04 Oct 2007, 12:42 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Safari Support is IMPORTANT for Mac
Thanks for the detailed explanation, we understand your concerns. Good news is Safari support for UltimateEditor is in our current development list and we will do our best to support most of functionality in Safari as much as we can, and of course as much as Safari will let us. The current scheduled release date for the new version is the end of October. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

05 Oct 2007, 12:46 PM
moord is not online. Last active: 10/12/2007 4:20:18 PM moord

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-21-2007
Posts 8
Does safari work with the other controls that you sell?  I work for a scrapbooking company, and we're looking to use many of your controls for our internal applications.  However, a good part of our users are mac users (to the extent that they don't believe that IBM clones exist).  Thus I need to know when you'll be supporting Safari.

05 Oct 2007, 12:55 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Some of our products already support Safari, some others treat it as a down-level browser with basic functionality, and the remaing few don't fully support it. We will add Safari support for UltimateEditor first, which is scheduled for the end of this month. Then, we will add Safari support for UltimateCalendar. However, we cannot promise any release date for Safari support for our other products at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » General Feedback » Safari Support is IMPORTANT for Mac

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.