Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateEditor
Re: Request.Form & Request. Params Issue

Thread Starter: bereg   Started: 02-08-2007 3:05 PM   Replies: 5
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditor » Re: Request.Form & Request. Params Issue
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  08 Feb 2007, 3:05 PM
bereg is not online. Last active: 3/19/2007 10:55:29 AM bereg

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-08-2007
Posts 25
Request.Form & Request. Params Issue

I’m trying to pass parameter to another form but it would not work with your control TBox1.Text=Request.Form ("UltimateEditor1")  or  TBox1.Text=Request.Params ("UltimateEditor1").
How would I make it work ?

08 Feb 2007, 3:34 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
You can use EditorHtml property on the server-side as follows: UltimateEditor1.EditorHtml

If you check the Client-Side API sample at http://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateEditor you will see that you can use the GetEditorHTML() method. There is a link to the ClientAPI document from that sample as well.

08 Feb 2007, 4:16 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-08-2007
Posts 25

I just need to send a parameters to next page. What is clear way to do this? I already know  about EditorHtml property, but how it would help me to send parameter to next page. I got a next page witch is grabbing tons of my stuff plus data from editor to next “preview” for the hole thing page I was using Request. How do suggest I would do it now? 

08 Feb 2007, 6:26 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
If you post the page back to itself, you should be able to use EditorHtml property directly. We don't quite understand what you mean by sending parameter. If you place some sample code as a reply to thi spost or send us your sample application and explain what exactly you are trying to achieve, we can help you better.

08 Feb 2007, 8:12 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-08-2007
Posts 25

I do not post back. I just click submit button on a page with your control plus some other textboxes. When click it opens another page basically showing all information which been entered on the page 1. So I have page 1 with textboxes & your control and I have page 2 where I show how data going to look like before user update it in to data base.

So I do not post back page 2 is separate page. I simply need to pass parameter from page 1 to page2. With other controls like textboxes I’m using on page 2 Request.Form(“textbox1”) or Request.Params and it’s working fine but your with control is not working. Is there a way to make it work?

08 Feb 2007, 11:44 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
There is one thing you can try. UltimateEditor renders an input type="hidden" element in the page to keep track of editor content. Its id is the id of your UltimateEditor control plus h. For example, if your control id is UltimateEditor1, it will be UltimateEditor1h. Please also note that the id of the editor is the client-side id. You can get it through ClientID property of your UltimateEditor control. unless you use the editor inside a user control or master page or datagrid etc, it should be the same as control server-side id. You can also do view source to figure out the client-side id of the hidden input element. You can try Request.Form("UltimateEditor1h") to get the editor content.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditor » Re: Request.Form & Request. Params Issue

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.