Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateAjax
Re: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package with UltimateEditor

Thread Starter: subhash.karama   Started: 05-08-2006 6:36 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateAjax » Re: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package with UltimateEditor
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  08 May 2006, 6:36 AM
subhash.karama is not online. Last active: 5/8/2006 6:38:49 AM subhash.karama

Not Ranked
Joined on 05-08-2006
Posts 1
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package with UltimateEditor

Dear Support Team,

I tried installing your demo to review your product and received the following message:

Error 1722.  There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Please advise so I can review and hopefully purchase this tool.

Thanks in advance.

Manyam.

10 May 2006, 2:21 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package with UltimateEditor
We experienced a similar problem with the installation of our products on Windows 2003 yesterday. However, the problem got resolved when we installed the latest Windows Update. It seemed to be somewhat related to Windows Defender, if you are by any chance using it. Now everything works fine.

04 Oct 2006, 11:20 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
It seems that you need to reboot your machine after upgrading the Window Installer package. And sometimes it works after second reboot with no apparent reason.

20 Mar 2007, 10:36 AM
danehbear is not online. Last active: 3/20/2007 10:36:10 AM danehbear

Not Ranked
Joined on 03-20-2007
Posts 1
Re: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package, Office XP, solution.
I've experienced this problem with Office XP. No matter how I tried to repair or uninstall the installation (via CD installer, or add/remove programs) it would always come up with this error about 3/4 of the way through. I found though, when logging in as another user it would work just fine. So I assumed something in the user's profile was messed up...

What worked for me (for Win2k at least):
1. Rename the user's profile directory under 'Documents and Settings' to anything else
2. Logout and login. (windows should create a new profile dir)
3. Migrate your data/settings to new profile dir.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateAjax » Re: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package with UltimateEditor

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2021 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.