Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
Re: Customise the view after search as in Google

Thread Starter: sandip619   Started: 10-03-2016 1:45 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Re: Customise the view after search as in Google
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  03 Oct 2016, 1:45 AM
sandip619 is not online. Last active: 10/3/2016 10:08:52 PM sandip619

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-03-2016
Posts 2
Customise the view after search as in Google
Hi All,

In my website, I would like to customise the view after search as in Google. I mean like as sections as in Google search. Suppose if I search for my website's name in Google, it will show the website as Main heading. Under that there will be 2 columns of sections showing the sub levels of the website. I want to have the same view if I do this in Karamasoft in website. Please help. Smile

03 Oct 2016, 8:56 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Please refer to the AfterSearch or UltimateSearchOutput1_ItemDataBound event handler as shown in the samples at https://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateSearch&sample=Events and https://www.karamasoft.com/samples.aspx?component=UltimateSearch&sample=SearchDocuments in order to customize the output right before you display it.

03 Oct 2016, 9:54 PM
sandip619 is not online. Last active: 10/3/2016 10:08:52 PM sandip619

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-03-2016
Posts 2
Dear Team,

Thanks for your reply. But I've already visited the links you've specified. My requirement is bit different. Please click the below link to see a screenshot for a better idea.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl1hlyukkc8lfs1/google%20search.png?dl=0

04 Oct 2016, 2:00 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
You should be able to achieve such a sublist, but you'll need to do a lot of customizations with the use of the events listed above. It will need to handle two main tasks:

1) Use the root url based on your own logic as the main listing, and make a group of sublists based on their relevancy to the root url. This step requires quite some logic to parse the urls for relevancy, and grouping among them.

2) Build a table or div structure for thee display of your grouping under the root listing. This requires HTML knowledge to build the correct format.

Unfortunately, we don't have a built-in feature to group by relevancy and display in a sub table or div style.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Re: Customise the view after search as in Google

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.