Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
Re: Failed index

Thread Starter: jdorsey9   Started: 04-26-2016 1:26 PM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Re: Failed index
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  26 Apr 2016, 1:26 PM
jdorsey9 is not online. Last active: 3/1/2018 2:18:49 PM jdorsey9

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-15-2008
Posts 12
Failed index
I use Ultimate Search to index a folder of PDFs. It was working fine. Sometime in September it stopped. I think that is around the time I migrated the server from a physical box to Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will find my PDFs but under "indexed pages" but it has a status of "failed". I am using IIS 8.5. I checked that the IIS_IUSRS account has full control. I even added Network Service to full control and Everyone to full control. It seems as if it still doesn't have rights to Log and Index.

26 Apr 2016, 1:58 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Can you see any new files under the Log and Index folders? If you can, there is no permission issue. Otherwise, you may give full permission to the NETWORK SERVICE user in addition to Everyone.

Once you get over the permission check, you may look into the pdf parser next. By default, it uses the built-in parser provided by pdftotext.dll. If somehow this started failing in your new environment, you may consider using the Adobe IFilter instead. Please search for useIfilterToParsePdf at https://karamasoft.com/UltimateSearch/Config.htm, which is set to false by default. In order to use Adobe IFilter, you'll need to install it and set his flag to true.

27 Apr 2016, 7:54 AM
jdorsey9 is not online. Last active: 3/1/2018 2:18:49 PM jdorsey9

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-15-2008
Posts 12
I have given Network Service full control. I have tried iFilter with the same results. No log or index files created.

It tells me index operation completed successfully. 312 pages. But no index files.

27 Apr 2016, 9:01 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
In order for us to provide customer support, we need to locate your license and account in our system. We couldn't find any records associated with your email address.

Could you please send us an email from our contact page at https://karamasoft.com/ContactUs.aspx with the following information:

- email address used during the license purchase,
- purchase date, and
- 25-digit license key

so that we can verify your account.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Re: Failed index

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.