Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpell
Not Initializing

Thread Starter: barkster   Started: 12-21-2015 12:08 PM   Replies: 11
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Not Initializing
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  21 Dec 2015, 12:08 PM
barkster is not online. Last active: 2/1/2016 10:10:20 AM barkster

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
Not Initializing
I've used ultimatespell before in projects and I have newest version.  I added to a simple page and it will not initialize and shows all kinds of errors if I click spell check button on popup window

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Test.aspx.cs" Inherits="NewIntranet.Test" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="kswc" Namespace="Karamasoft.WebControls.UltimateSpell" Assembly="UltimateSpell" %>
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server">Helloww world</asp:TextBox>
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server">What's haapening</asp:TextBox>
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox3" runat="server">Spelling check</asp:TextBox>
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox4" runat="server" >all good here</asp:TextBox>
        <br />   

<kswc:UltimateSpell ID="UltimateSpell1" runat="server" IgnoreWordsInUpperCase="False"
            ShowSpellButton="true" SpellAsYouType="true" CustomDictionary="CustomEnglish.dic"></kswc:UltimateSpell>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Screengrab

21 Dec 2015, 8:06 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Not Initializing
Are you able to reproduce the issue with the sample app that comes with the installation? If not, please make sure that you copied the bin and include directories from the installation directory to your app and rebuild it.

22 Dec 2015, 10:42 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
Samples run, only difference between sample and my project is that mine are web applications.  I've referenced the dll and included the files.  What's weird is that is tries to open.  You can see where it says undefined turn red and says loading or something then everything craters.  I copied the stuff that shows up in boxes and it has error about callback. I enabled directory browsing to confirm includes where there and what I found is if I click on the Ultimatespell.callback.aspx page it gives me 404 error even though the page is there?

Screen1
Screen2
Screen3

<h3>HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found</h3>   <h4>The resource you are looking for has been removed
 had its name changed
 or is temporarily unavailable.</h4> </div> <div class="content-container">  <fieldset><h4>Most likely causes:</h4>   <ul>     <li>The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.</li>     <li>The URL contains a typographical error.</li>     <li>A custom filter or module
 such as URLScan
 restricts access to the file.</li> </ul>  </fieldset> </div> <div class="content-container">  <fieldset><h4>Things you can try:</h4>   <ul>     <li>Create the content on the Web server.</li>     <li>Review the browser URL.</li>     <li>Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests
 click <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66439">here</a>. </li> </ul>  </fieldset> </div>  <div class="content-container">  <fieldset><h4>Detailed Error Information:</h4>   <div id="details-left">    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">     <tr class="alt"><th>Module</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IIS Web Core</td></tr>     <tr><th>Notification</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;MapRequestHandler</td></tr>     <tr class="alt"><th>Handler</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;StaticFile</td></tr>     <tr><th>Error Code</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0x80070002</td></tr>         </table>   </div>   <div id="details-right">    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">     <tr class="alt"><th>Requested URL</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://localhost:80/NewIntranet/UltimateSpellInclude/UltimateSpell.callback?inc=/NewIntranet/UltimateSpellInclude/&amp;dic=en-US&amp;cus=&amp;xh=1&amp;max=10&amp;cid=UltimateSpell1&amp;iu=0&amp;ii=1&amp;im=0&amp;ie=1&amp;in=1&amp;if=1&amp;ir=0&amp;ih=1&amp;ic=0&amp;ac=0&amp;txt=Helloww%20world</td></tr>     <tr><th>Physical Path</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;C:\Users\bberger\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\NewIntranet\NewIntranet\UltimateSpellInclude\UltimateSpell.callback</td></tr>     <tr class="alt"><th>Logon Method</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Negotiate</td></tr>     <tr><th>Logon User</th><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;mydomain\berger</td></tr>         </table>    <div class="clear"></div>   </div>  </fieldset> </div>  <div class="content-container">  <fieldset><h4>More Information:</h4>   This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.   <p><a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=62293&amp;IIS70Error=404
10240">View more information &raquo;</a></p>     </fieldset> </div> </div> </body> </html>

22 Dec 2015, 1:03 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
Ok, I built an empty project instead of using the webforms bootstrap template built into VS 2013 and added the files and it worked fine.  It has something to do with the default template for webforms?

23 Dec 2015, 6:19 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
We don't know how you create a project with a bootstrap template but you should use the sample web app as your template to make the UltimateSpell work.

30 Dec 2015, 9:49 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
Isn't this the built in feature of visual studio 2013? screenshot

here is the sample project minus the dll download

20 Jan 2016, 7:36 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
In order to resolve this issue specific to VS2013, after you upgrade to the latest version, you need to change your web.config file as follows:

<system.webserver>
<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">

21 Jan 2016, 9:43 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
That got rid of my errors but I'm upgrading an old page that has several dynamically created textboxes and they are not automatically being spellchecked as before.  If I turn on showspell button it kindof works but you have no idea what word or textbox it is referencing.  Just shows whole sentence with no indication of the misspelled word. How do I get it automatically spell check each textbox with the misspelled words underlined?

also it always says loading.... and has a 10 at the top left?

Screen

21 Jan 2016, 12:44 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
If I change show spell check button to true and click the spell check button, it throws error Ultimatespellasyoutype is undefined

22 Jan 2016, 5:12 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Please make sure that you copied the latest UltimateSpell dlls and UltimateSpellInclude directory from the installation directory to your web app, then rebuild and clear your browser cache. If you still experience issues after that, you can send us a self-contained web app having the issue so that we can try it in our test environment.

27 Jan 2016, 1:21 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-07-2008
Posts 33
Yeah I did that before posting. I'll email a sample project

30 Jan 2016, 3:21 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
We tested your sample web app and it displayed the popup properly with the right captions. The problem you are describing generally occurs when the browser is using the older versions of JS files. Please make sure that you cleared your browser cache and try again.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Not Initializing

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.