Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
Indexing via scanDirectory values

Thread Starter: RMDev   Started: 06-23-2015 1:50 PM   Replies: 1
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Indexing via scanDirectory values
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  23 Jun 2015, 1:50 PM
RMDev is not online. Last active: 6/23/2015 2:09:31 PM RMDev

Not Ranked
Joined on 06-23-2015
Posts 1
Indexing via scanDirectory values
I'm trying to index a directory of files via the <scanDirectory> value but have been unsuccessful getting incremental indexing to work. The initial index works and I am able to create the index from a remote site but incremental indexing does not identify any additional data. According to the UltimateSearch.config file I need to specify a <mapPath> value when <scanDirectory> is used, but I'm not sure how to do that. The path that needs to be indexed is not directly accessible from the web - the files sit on the web server behind IIS and application security. ScanDirectory is defined as this:

<scanDirectoryList> <scanDirectory>C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FileRoom\FileExplorer</scanDirectory>
</scanDirectoryList>

This does result in a working index when 'Full Index' is used. Is my incremental indexing problem caused by the lack of defined virtual path in the config file, and if so how should I define this?

Thanks.

23 Jun 2015, 2:52 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Indexing via scanDirectory values
The scanDirectory setting requires mapPathList to find the correct mapping between virtual and physical locations. However, if full index works fine, incremental should work the same way. Regarding incremental indexing though, it relies on the last modified date setting of each file, and it is not very reliable as it needs to locate the file in the local system which may be prevented by your system due to security reasons. Again, mapPath setting might help, but there is no guarantee for that. In general, full indexing is the best approach even though it's more time consuming. Good news is that it will run in the background without affecting your current environment. When it's done, it replaces all index files at once.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Indexing via scanDirectory values

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.