Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
Search not finding indexed pages

Thread Starter: BIDeveloperGL   Started: 05-05-2015 10:32 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Search not finding indexed pages
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  05 May 2015, 10:32 AM
BIDeveloperGL is not online. Last active: 5/18/2015 8:35:40 AM BIDeveloperGL

Not Ranked
Joined on 05-05-2015
Posts 2
Search not finding indexed pages
Hello,
So I am new to Ultimate Search, and I was called in to help diagnose and solve an issue with a client site that is using UltimateSearch. It appears that when performing a search for text on an indexed page, no matter what text I search for, it never returns the page that the text came from. Rather, it will return links to search result pages for another internal search that is also used to search for these pages, but not the page itself. Again, I will stress that I know very little about UltimateSearch, and may not be describing the problem well enough, but I would like to get the troubleshooting process started.

05 May 2015, 12:43 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Search not finding indexed pages
It sounds like your website is not indexed properly. You may refer to the documents under the UltimateSearch heading at https://www.karamasoft.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx. However, there is no quick answer to pinpoint the issue. You'll need to learn more about the product, how to configure the UltimateSearch.config file, and index your site from scratch. Usually, it requires a developer who is familiar with the product and works on the integration into your website.

18 May 2015, 7:45 AM
BIDeveloperGL is not online. Last active: 5/18/2015 8:35:40 AM BIDeveloperGL

Not Ranked
Joined on 05-05-2015
Posts 2
So i have read through the documentation, and double checked the search config. The problem that I am having is that when I search for text on these pages that I know to be indexed, the site does not find them. An example of this would be, I have a page root/Profiles/Profile1. If I search for text that I have copy and pasted from that page, it doesn't seem to find it. I have checked the administration page for the search, and it is indeed indexed, so adding it to the index doesn't make sense as a fix, because its already added. The search just isn't returning it as a result. Could you please offer me more insight into what might be causing this issue?

18 May 2015, 11:55 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
When you open the Admin page at UltimateSearchInclude/Admin/UltimateSearch.admin.aspx in a browser window, you can see the indexed pages. If it shows root/Profiles/Profile1 in the list it must be indexed. Otherwise, you'll need to modify the UltimateSearch.config file to make sure it's in the list to be indexed. If it's already indexed, but can't find the word you're searching for, make sure your HTML is well-structured so that when UltimateSearch parses it, it will find the text between proper HTML tags. If the page is not well-formed, it be treated as one of the tags.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » Search not finding indexed pages

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.