Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateEditorMVC
Works in dev environment, but JS error on live environment

Thread Starter: Arkiliknam   Started: 12-16-2014 9:42 AM   Replies: 8
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditorMVC » Works in dev environment, but JS error on live environment
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  16 Dec 2014, 9:42 AM
Arkiliknam is not online. Last active: 1/12/2015 7:47:33 AM Arkiliknam

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
Works in dev environment, but JS error on live environment
Our editors are working fine on our development PCs and our internal testing server, however they are not working when deployed to the live environment. I even set up VS on the live environment to try and run in a virtual server and that also does not work.

In all instances, I get the error message:

TypeError: uea(...) is null
...lbarButton.prototype.uec78=function() { return uea8(this.uez9).childNodes[0]; }:...

in UltimateEditor.js (line 7, col 83355)

this is obviously the minified js file.

The web pages coninue to function, however none of the editors are rendered.

What is causing this error that only occurs on the deployment servers? The code is the same, we used the same deployment package from our test servers so there must be some other dependency causing this issue.

16 Dec 2014, 10:17 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
Re: Works in dev environment, but JS error on live environment
First, you should make sure that you copied the bin, UltimateEditorInclude and UltimateSpellInclude directories from your dev environment to production. Then, make sure that the directory you set for the IncludeDirectory exists in production environment (the default value is "~/UltimateEditorInclude/").

17 Dec 2014, 3:34 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
Inside the application folder sits both these folders:
- UltimateEditorInclude
- UltimateSpellInclude

The bin folder includes:
- UltimateEditor.DLL
- UltimateEditorMVC.DLL
- UltimateSpell.dll
- UltimateSpellMVC.dll

As I mentioned before, this is a complete copy from an environment which works to an environment that does not, so all files are included.

Looking at our implementation, the EditorSource used is "~/UltimateEditorInclude/UltimateEditorBasic.xml" which does correspond to the directory structure of the application. So unless IIS or MVC is confusing the paths, it should be working correctly.

Are there any configuration files which may need to be edited? I know we have a license number however I'm not sure where in the application it is specified. It still wouldn't explain why it works on one environment and not the other though...

17 Dec 2014, 3:39 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
Is there any package which needs to be installed on the server in order to run the editors? Perhaps something which needs to be installed into the GAC?

17 Dec 2014, 10:39 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
You need the license key during your installation on your development machine. You don't need it in your production environment. And you don't need to install any packages on production or into the GAC.

What happens when you deploy the sample web app that comes with the installation to your production server? If it works fine, then the problem might be related to your specific implementation. If you send us a self-contained web app having the issue, we can try it in our test environment.

18 Dec 2014, 3:10 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
Unfortunately the developer who implemented this feature in our application left the company a long time ago and we do not have the original installation. I have tried looking on your site for the install but it seems like we cannot download it anymore as our license was for some time ago. Are you able to provide a link to the install for me?

In the mean time I will try getting the earliest version out of SVN and see if there are any differences in it and whether it works in production or not.

18 Dec 2014, 10:16 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
Here's something interesting for you. I tried using your online resources to make sure I'm using UltimateEditor the right way.

https://www.karamasoft.com/SamplesMVC.aspx?component=UltimateSpellMVC

Navigating to UltimateEditorMVC > Feature > Multiple Editors

... and I get the following JS Error:

TypeError: uea8(...) is null

...ton.prototype.uec78=function() { return uea8(this.uez9).childNodes[0]' }; Ultima...

Not sure if it's the same error as I get on live, but it looks mighty similar. Is your control broken?

18 Dec 2014, 11:50 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
We updated our live demo samples with the latest version of our control, which resolved the issue. You should download the latest version from our website and reinstall and try with it.

19 Dec 2014, 4:13 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 06-28-2013
Posts 13
I have logged in with our company account to download the latest version, however the link has been removed and is saying our license has expired. As the existing product clearly does not work, are you able to provide me with an alternate location to download from? I can provide you with details of our company account if you need them.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditorMVC » Works in dev environment, but JS error on live environment

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.