Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpell
Re: UtlimateSpell and Standard DocType

Thread Starter: RSashi   Started: 04-28-2014 11:22 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Re: UtlimateSpell and Standard DocType
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  28 Apr 2014, 11:22 AM
RSashi is not online. Last active: 4/28/2014 2:07:28 PM RSashi

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-13-2013
Posts 13
UtlimateSpell and Standard DocType
Hi, Is the UltimateSpellCheck control supported on IE10 and Document Mode : Standard?

When I go to the demo site(http://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateSpell) , I notice on my IE Developer tool the Document Mode is set to "Quirks". So, Is Standards Mode not supported?

I am noticing some strange behavior on the demo site, when I use IE 10 and set the Document Mode to "Standard"

I set my mouse cursor on the text area and copy some text from clipboard. Try to set my focus back on the text area. I notice
(1) My mouse cursor is set on a different position in the spell text area other than where I set my focus.
(2) As I continue to paste a bit more text, the font-style of the text seems to change
(3) Sometimes I notice that the text is overplayed on existing text in a weird font.

Please advise,
Thanks,
-Sashi

28 Apr 2014, 11:38 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
The document mode might be shown as Quirks because the sample page is served inside a frameset, which uses DOCTYPE HTML 4.0. The actual sample page http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimateSpell/Samples/SpellAsYouType/SpellAsYouType.aspx uses the following DOCTYPE, which is Standards Mode:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

We can't reproduce the issues you described by copying and pasting some random text. If you let us know the exact steps to reproduce it with some sample text, we can try it in our test environment.

28 Apr 2014, 1:24 PM
RSashi is not online. Last active: 4/28/2014 2:07:28 PM RSashi

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-13-2013
Posts 13
Hi, I have sent out a step to reproduce video to info@karamasoft.com.. Please let me know if you received it and able to view the video..

Thanks,
-Sashi

28 Apr 2014, 1:27 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
It is hard to tell when you click inside the text area or whether you press carriage return to get to the bottom of the text before you start typing but we still couldn't reproduce the issue by trying simulate your video. At some point, it seems that the words you type go to the original textbox instead of the SpellAsYouType iframe that is rendered on top of it by the UltimateSpell. We don't know how it happens but you may want to try clicking inside the iframe and make sure that you are still inside the iframe before you start pasting or typing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpell » Re: UtlimateSpell and Standard DocType

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.