Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpellSL
Re: NullReferenceException

Thread Starter: markl   Started: 02-04-2013 7:30 AM   Replies: 6
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellSL » Re: NullReferenceException
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  04 Feb 2013, 7:30 AM
markl is not online. Last active: 2/8/2013 5:20:07 AM markl

Not Ranked
Joined on 06-06-2012
Posts 3
NullReferenceException
I'm using UltimateSpellSL in a MVVM application.

I get the following error when two ultimate spell controls are on screen at the same time in different regions:

Line: 59
Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application
Code: 4004   
Category: ManagedRuntimeError      
Message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Karamasoft.Windows.Controls.UltimateSpell.UltimateSpellSL.AddEventHandlers()
   at Karamasoft.Windows.Controls.UltimateSpell.UltimateSpellSL.OnApplyTemplate()
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnApplyTemplate(IntPtr nativeTarget)    

04 Feb 2013, 10:45 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818

We can't reproduce the issue in our sample web app. Open C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Karamasoft\SL5.0\UltimateSpellSL\v1.0\Demos\UltimateSpellSampleSL\Samples\CheckMultipleControls.xaml and add the following and it doesn't generate any errors:

<
my:UltimateSpellSL Name="ultimateSpellSL1" />
<my:UltimateSpellSL Name
="ultimateSpellSL2" />

The problem could be related to something specific to your code. If you reply with your code, we can try it in our test environment.

08 Feb 2013, 5:20 AM
markl is not online. Last active: 2/8/2013 5:20:07 AM markl

Not Ranked
Joined on 06-06-2012
Posts 3
I don't have time at the moment to create a test app I can post.

I have been able to get around this exception by wrapping a rich text box and ultimate spell in a user control and using that where needed.

26 Apr 2013, 8:14 AM
nimesh is not online. Last active: 4/29/2013 9:01:37 AM nimesh

Not Ranked
Joined on 04-26-2013
Posts 2
I am trying to use SL spell check in simple SL application. However getting attached error "Unhandled error in silverlight application code: 4004" @
Karmasoft.Windows.Controls.UltimateSpell.UltimateSpellSL.SpellCheckDialog.btnOK_Click()

If it is working fine then we might purchase the licensed version. Please help troubleshoot.

26 Apr 2013, 11:48 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
You cannot use the SpellAsYouType functionality and the Spell Check button at the same time. You need to either set ShowSpellButton to "False" or SpellAsYouType to "False". You also need to set the CustomDictionary property if you set ShowAddButton to "True" (e.g. CustomDictionary="CustomEnglish").

29 Apr 2013, 9:01 AM
nimesh is not online. Last active: 4/29/2013 9:01:37 AM nimesh

Not Ranked
Joined on 04-26-2013
Posts 2
Deniz,

I appreciate quick and to the point response that resolved my issue. I have strong confidence in this product now.

Following are few questions if you can answer them at your convenience. These questions are for Silverlight spell check only

1) As per my understanding the dictionary used to offer spelling suggestion resides only on server. Can it reside on client machine and is it recommended?
2) As we are going to use US-EN the dictionary used would be [UltimateSpellInclude\Dictionary\en-US\ en-US.dic]. Correct?
3) I was not able to find added words in [UltimateSpellInclude\Dictionary\en-US\ en-US.dic]. Does words added through application reside somewhere else?

4) Does 'Highlight spelling errors' work only with RichTextBoxes? If No how can I make it work with other editable controls viz. TextBox, TextArea etc.

29 Apr 2013, 9:08 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
1) The dictionaries are transferred from the server-side to the client-side for performance reasons and they are kept up to date if there is an update on the server-side.

2) Correct.

3) The added words are stored under the CustomDictionary directory. For example, if you set CustomDictionary to "CustomEnglish", it should be stored in UltimateSpellInclude\CustomDictionary\CustomEnglish.dic.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellSL » Re: NullReferenceException

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.