Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimatePanel
Another question about item highlight.

Thread Starter: Roger   Started: 07-11-2006 11:10 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Another question about item highlight.
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  11 Jul 2006, 11:10 AM
Roger is not online. Last active: 7/26/2006 3:18:44 PM Roger

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 07-07-2006
Posts 14
Another question about item highlight.

hi all friends,

how to achieve this about item highlight changed. First, when the group is opened, the group header and one subitem of this selected group are all highlighted by default( Group1 and subitem1 are highlighted as the code show below). Second, when another subitem inside this group is selected, the current selected subitem is highlighted and also the default subitem lost the highlight, return to original style. I did some try on the xml setting, but unfortunately, the color ( css file) of default subitem1 can not be changed when another subitem is clicked. So, how to solve this problem? Maybe I am wrong somewhere.

<Item ID="Item1" Caption="Group1"  >

<Group Display="InitiallyClosed" >

<Item ID="Item11" Caption="subitem1" URL="CurrentPage.aspx?Item=subitem1"

ItemCssClass="itemdefaultcssfilename"/>

<Item ID="Item12" Caption="subitem2" URL="CurrentPage.aspx?Item=subitem2" ItemStatus="Limits of Liability!"/>

<Item ID="Item13" Caption="subitem3" URL="CurrentPage.aspx?Item=subitem3"/>

<Item ID="Item14" Caption="subitem4" URL="CurrentPage.aspx?Item=subitem4"/>

</Group>

</Item>

Note: I also set the DefaultItemSelectCssClass and HighlightPath="True" in Panel setting, and the page structure is not using frame.

thanks for your suggestiong and help,

roger

11 Jul 2006, 3:39 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Another question about item highlight.
Did you look at our HighlightPath sample at http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimatePanel/Samples/Highlight/Highlight.aspx?Item=Play%20selection? Does it have the same problem? We use a similar structure, all the panel items are linking to the same page with different query string values and it seems that your pages do the same thing. So when a new item is clicked, the new item is highlighted and the other returns to the original style. Do you want it to work differently. Please explain in detail.

11 Jul 2006, 6:51 PM
Roger is not online. Last active: 7/26/2006 3:18:44 PM Roger

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 07-07-2006
Posts 14
hi karamasoft,

Yes, I already looked at the HighlightedPath sample. But there is only a little difference here in my panel, I want an item inside a group has already been highlighted when the group is opened by click at first time ( the user will see the group header and this default item are all highlighted at the first time clicking on this group header that is initially closed -- It is not like open a group --> select an item --> close the group, then open this group again ). Then when a new item inside the same group is clicked, the new item is highlighted and the other returns to the original style. Can this work in UltimatePanel?

If it is not clear to you, please let me know.

Thanks,

roger

12 Jul 2006, 10:57 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
We are not sure if we understand what you are looking for. There are couple things to note, HighlightPath works on the server-side, that is it identifies the selected item in the panel by matching the URL of the item with the current page when the page is loaded. You cannot highlight another panel item on the client-side without refreshing/submitting the page. If you want to override URL matching you can use SelectedItemID property, however, you can set this property only on the server-side. We sure this helps. If you let us know about what you need in detail we can help you better.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Another question about item highlight.

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2021 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.