Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpellSL
UltimateSpellSL functionality questions

Thread Starter: hisrf   Started: 04-16-2013 6:41 AM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellSL » UltimateSpellSL functionality questions
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  16 Apr 2013, 6:41 AM
hisrf is not online. Last active: 4/16/2013 1:51:44 PM hisrf

Not Ranked
Joined on 04-16-2013
Posts 2
UltimateSpellSL functionality questions
I'm in the process of evaluating UltimateSpellSL to see if we can use it with our Silverlight application and I have some questions.

1.  In the following post:

http://forums.karamasoft.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=14090

You indicate that you cannot have the spell check button and the spell as you type option available at the same time.  I have a requirement to be able to access the spell check feature using the keyboard (using a button/link or a hot-key).  My users perform a lot of data entry and try to not use the mouse as it slows them down.  So the requirement is to show the mispelled words as they are typing but then also have a button/link to invoke the spell check dialog (or keep the option of using the right-click context menu to make corrections).  Is this something that is possible?

2.  In the "spell as you type" option, is there a way to add a word to the custom dictionary from the right-click context menu?

3.  For custom dictionaries, the demos show that the new words are stored in the user's local isolated storage area.  Is there a way to override that with my own implementation to save the custom words?  We store the each user's custom dictionary in the database so that if they go to another machine to use the application, they will always have their list of custom words.

Thank you.
Randy

16 Apr 2013, 7:53 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: UltimateSpellSL functionality questions
1) You cannot have SpellAsYouType and Spell Check button at the same time.
2) Yes. Please refer to the sample provided.
3) The custom words are stored in UltimateSpellInclude/CustomDictionary directory on the server, not on the client machine.

16 Apr 2013, 9:28 AM
hisrf is not online. Last active: 4/16/2013 1:51:44 PM hisrf

Not Ranked
Joined on 04-16-2013
Posts 2
Re: UltimateSpellSL functionality questions
Thanks for the response.  If items #1 and #3 are not possible, then I won't be able to use your spell check control as it won't meet the needs of our application.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellSL » UltimateSpellSL functionality questions

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.