Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearchMVC
Re: Any usage guide for this product?

Thread Starter: sarah   Started: 02-01-2013 1:33 AM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearchMVC » Re: Any usage guide for this product?
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  01 Feb 2013, 1:33 AM
sarah is not online. Last active: 2/4/2013 7:54:22 PM sarah

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-01-2013
Posts 3
Any usage guide for this product?
Is there any general guide or usage documentation for this MVC search product?

I download the trial version.  The readme file only mentioned about setting authentication in IIS and copying the include directories.  Why is it necessaries to put the include directories in your website?  Shouldn't it be in separate site for administration? Beside, the authentication setting may not fit with individual website specification.

There is no guideline how to integrate with your web application (like what dll should you be referenced? What route rule you should set? How to index? How to customize result) and looking at the include directories full of aspx web form seems totally not right with MVC project at all.  

I tried to setup a separate website in IIS for the demo with framework 4 application pool but have no success.

I am totally lost here and don't know how to use this product at all...

Do I miss any documentation available here?

01 Feb 2013, 9:00 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820

If you installed the free trial edition on your machine you should have the sample web app under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Karamasoft\MVC3.0\UltimateSearchMVC\v1.0\Demos. You can open the UltimateSearchMvcApplication.sln file in VS 2010, and hit F5 to run.

You need to have the Include directories under the root of your web app at the same level with your web.config file and bin folder.

Regarding the configuration of UltimateSearch, and indexing your website, please refer to the links under the UltimateSearch heading at http://www.karamasoft.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx.

04 Feb 2013, 1:40 AM
sarah is not online. Last active: 2/4/2013 7:54:22 PM sarah

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-01-2013
Posts 3
Finally, I got it integrated.  I get the Demo to work with F5 though I still can't get IIS site to work.

For others' reference: I will list out what you should do to integrate

1. Copy the UltimateSearchInclude & UltimateSpellInclude directories to your solution explorer under your root project
2. Add reference to "UltimateSearch" and "UltimateSearchMVC" DLL
3. Rebuild your project once
4. In your view file of the search text box, copy from the demo view file the input control
5. In your result view file, copy from the demo view file the output control
    (customize for your controller and action, set up route in global.asax)

Now, I will need to study the indexing part.

>>>> <<<<<<

I do have another question though.  Our company tends to buy the enterprise license of this product, but security setting doesn't align with our policy.  The indexing admin page, API and data are all under the same root of the website, we want it separate and served in different folder and service port.  Is there anyway to do it in current version?  If no with Enterprise license, can that be customized, if so how long will it take for the customization?

04 Feb 2013, 10:33 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Open IIS manager, right-click your app, go to Properties, then Home Directory tab, then click Configuration. Under Wildcard application maps, click Insert (not Add, which is confusingly just above),  then enter c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll for "Executable", and uncheck "Verify that file exists".

If you use a different version of ASP.NET (than 4.0), you need to change the above path accordingly.

Please refer to http://forums.karamasoft.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4811 to see how you can secure your UltimateSearchInclude directories.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearchMVC » Re: Any usage guide for this product?

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.