Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSpellMVC
Help Help !!!!!!!!!!! Spell Checker not working in popup.

Thread Starter: gauri.rane   Started: 11-27-2012 7:50 PM   Replies: 13
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellMVC » Help Help !!!!!!!!!!! Spell Checker not working in popup.
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  27 Nov 2012, 7:50 PM
gauri.rane is not online. Last active: 3/1/2013 4:56:50 AM gauri.rane

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
 Help Help !!!!!!!!!!! Spell Checker not working in popup.
Hi,

I am bulding an application in ASP.NET MVC 4.0 & my requirement for a particular page is to work spell check button in popup window.

My application is working properly in normal Pages whereas its not working in popups. BELOW IS THE LINK FOR AN APPLICATION:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=AC0852AB8A95E51D&id=AC0852AB8A95E51D!103

Process: To see the spell checker popup in my popup window, I have placed hidden spell checker in master page of an application, so that it works properly in my popup window. Is there any other idea for this, so that i can use the spellchecker in popup without hiding any spellchecker. If i m hiding one spell checker in master page. It works fine where only one textarea present in a popup. But i m helpless when there are 2 or more textareas in a single popup.

Note:
In this file one Index.cshtml is our main file..we are hiding two spellcheckers in this area

Thanx in Advanced
Gauri Rane

30 Nov 2012, 12:59 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: Help Help !!!!!!!!!!! Spell Checker not working in popup.
We receive "baseUrl is undefined" error when we click on the "SpellChecker in Popup" button and when we ignore the message, it displays the popups and spell check dialog windows properly.

If you want to put the spell checker control only once in your page, you can remove multiple occurrences of the UltimateSpellMVC control and use the client-side API methods such as SetControlIdsToCheck to dynamically set the control ids to check on the client-side whenever you display a popup window. If you set it to empty string, it should find all the editable controls in your page. Please refer to the client-side documentation at http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimateSpell/ClientAPI.htm.

03 Dec 2012, 11:07 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Hi,

I have tried what u have replied in a mail before. But it was not working. I understand what u tried to say in a reply. But the problem is:

1. I m hiding a spellchecker in 'index.cshtml'.coz of that spellchekcer is working in popup. If i commented a code then it will not work in popup.

CODE Snippet:

index.cshtml:

textArea1 <textarea id="textArPopUP1" class="spell" asso_id="textArPopUP___1"></textarea><br />
@(Html.UltimateSpellMVC()
.ID("textArPopUP___1")
//.AutoCorrect(true)
//.CapitalizeFirstLetterOfSentences(true)
.SpellAsYouType(true)
.IgnoreHtmlTags(true)
.SpellButton(sbs => sbs
.Height(40)
.Width(60)
.CSSClass("buttonSmall buttonGreen")
.BackColor(System.Drawing.Color.RoyalBlue)
.Font(ViewBag.SpellButtonFont)
.ForeColor(System.Drawing.Color.White))
.CustomDictionary("CustomEnglish")
.ShowAddButton(true)
//.ShowOptions(true)
.ControlIdsToCheck("textArPopUP1")
//.Dictionary("de-DE")
//.Language("German")
.Render())

<input type="button" id="spellCheck" value="SpellChecker in Popup"/>

<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.7.1.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="Scripts/EMSPopupManager.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="Scripts/Popup.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$('#ctl01').css("display", "none");
$('#spellCheck').on('click', function (e) {
popupSpellCheck = EMSPopupManager.createPopup('', { url: "Account/SpellChecker", closable: true, height: 300, width: "500px" });
popupSpellCheck.init();
popupSpellCheck.show();
});
</script>

spellchekcer.cshtml: //File in popup

textArea5 <textarea id="textArPopUP4" assp_id="comm_1" class="spell"></textarea><br />

@(Html.UltimateSpellMVC()
// .ID("comm_1")
.AutoCorrect(true)
.CapitalizeFirstLetterOfSentences(true)
.SpellAsYouType(true)
.SpellButton(sbs => sbs
.Height(40)
.Width(60)
.CSSClass("buttonSmall buttonGreen")
.BackColor(System.Drawing.Color.RoyalBlue)
.Font(ViewBag.SpellButtonFont)
.ForeColor(System.Drawing.Color.White))
.CustomDictionary("CustomEnglish")
.ShowAddButton(true)
.ShowOptions(true)
.ControlIdsToCheck("textArPopUP4")
//.Dictionary("de-DE")
//.Language("German")
.Render())

Pls suggest the solution for this

Thanks in advanced
Gauri Rane

04 Dec 2012, 12:20 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820

How do you hide the spell checker? We don't see the code you are setting the ShowSpellButton property to false.

Even though the content of your popups are defined in different views (cshtml), they are all rendered in the content of your page. Therefore, it would make more sense for you to have only one UltimateSpellMVC control in your master view (Index.cshtml or _Layout.cshtml) and call the SetControlIdsToCheck method to pass the right control ids to spell check whenever a button is clicked to display a popup.

As long as you have unique IDs for the UltimateSpellMVC controls and unique values for the ControlIdsToCheck properties, you don't need to show/hide any UltimateSpellMVC controls.

We are also not sure what exactly is not working in your sample web app. When we tested it, we received "baseUrl is undefined" error when we clicked on the "SpellChecker in Popup" button but when we ignored the message, it displayed the popups and spell check dialog windows properly. Please clarify what exactly is not workign and let us know the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

05 Dec 2012, 10:19 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Hello Sir,

Sorry for the delay. I made some changes in my application so that u understand my code properly. In 'index.cshtml' I have put one spellchecker. Then I have created one popup in that i put 1 spellchecker. If u click on spellButton.It will not work in popup.
Below is the link for an application:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=AC0852AB8A95E51D&id=AC0852AB8A95E51D%21103#cid=AC0852AB8A95E51D&id=AC0852AB8A95E51D%21109

Thanks in Advance
Gauri Rane

05 Dec 2012, 11:52 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820

We receive the following JavaScript error as soon as we click on SpellChecker in Popup button in Index.cshtml:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'is_IOS' is undefined

Please fix the error in popupControl.js and let us know when it is ready to download or let us know how to resolve the above JavaScript error so that we can test your app.

10 Dec 2012, 8:54 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Hello,

Problem i faced in popup is:

1. If i make popup hide in 'index.cshtml' then only i can see the spellchecker in popup.
2. Could you pls exclude the 'popupControl.js' file. Bcoz there is no use of that file. and kindly run the application.

If any issues let me know,

Thanks in Advanced,
Gauri Rane

11 Dec 2012, 12:56 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Unfortunately excluding popupControl.js doesn't prevent the JavaScript issue we mentioned in our previous reply. If you disabled JavaScript debugging in your browser, please enable it to see the error message. We just want to make sure that we don't receive error messages related to the other controls so that we can isolate the problem if it is related to UltimateSpell client-side functionality. If you send us a web app without this specific error, we can try it in our test environment. Thanks.

13 Dec 2012, 1:00 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Hello,

Sorry for the delay...
Could you pls exclude the 'EMSPopupManager.js' file. Bcoz of that baseurl error is coming. And Then run the application.

Thanks in Advanced,
Gauri Rane

13 Dec 2012, 2:26 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
We tried excluding EMSPopupManager.js file but still the "is_IOS is undefined" error. We must be missing something here. There is a line in your index.cshtml file:

popupSpellCheck = EMSPopupManager.createPopup('', { url: "Account/SpellChecker", closable: true, height: 300, width: "500px" });

We are not excluding the EMSPopupManager.js file is the right-solution since the above line of code seems to be using it.

If you send us a working self-contained web app, we can try it in our test environment.

13 Dec 2012, 9:17 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Below is the link for spellChecker:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=AC0852AB8A95E51D&id=AC0852AB8A95E51D%21113

Thanks in Advance,
Gauri Rane

14 Dec 2012, 6:18 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Thanks for fixing the is_IOS error in your web app.

We looked at your EMSPopupManager.js and it seems that you get the content of your views by an AJAX call and directly render inside your Index.html page, which doesn't seem to trigger the onload event handler for the UltimateSpellMVC controls in your popup views and therefore, the UltimateSpellMVC related client-side code is not rendered properly and the spell check dialog box cannot find the UltimateSpellMVC objects in the opener window.

It seems that the UltimateSpellMVC control will not work with your EMSPopupManager utility.

The only workaround we can think of is that since your popup manager renders the popup content directly inside your Index.cshtml, you can try having only one UltimateSpellMVC control in your master view (Index.cshtml or _Layout.cshtml) and call the SetControlIdsToCheck method to pass the right control ids to spell check whenever a button is clicked to display a popup instead of placing a separate UltimateSpellMVC control in each popup view.

16 Dec 2012, 9:57 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-12-2012
Posts 17
Thank you for your quick response,

What if i want a seperate UltimateSpellMVC control in each popup view. Because i have Multiple Comment Areas in one popup for that i cant setControlIds to check property,
Pls guid me proper solution for this.

Thanks in Advanced,
Gauri Rane

17 Dec 2012, 12:54 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
We don't think you can place UltimateSpellMVC controls in your popup views that are opened by your custom EMSPopupManager code as we explained in our previous post. We don't know any other workaround than placing the UltimateSpellMVC control only once in your master view and call the SetControlIdsToCheck method on the client-side.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSpellMVC » Help Help !!!!!!!!!!! Spell Checker not working in popup.

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.