Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateMenu
Re: Ok, I'm really at my wit's end now....

Thread Starter: jlwilliams1   Started: 11-02-2004 7:40 AM   Replies: 4
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateMenu » Re: Ok, I'm really at my wit's end now....
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  02 Nov 2004, 7:40 AM
jlwilliams1 is not online. Last active: 3/9/2005 10:50:52 AM jlwilliams1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-26-2004
Posts 12
Ok, I'm really at my wit's end now....
First of all, menubuilder can't seem to deal with relative file locations.  So if I have my css file in my root directory, but the xml file is in a subdirectory, I can't refer to the css file as ../nostyle.css.  That won't work.  What does work is if I refer to it as /rootdirectory/nostyle.css.

Unfortunately, an "Inherits=" statement gets added at the top and when I try to view my page in a browser, it blows up.

This is the error message I get:

Server Error in '/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name UltimateMenu, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Karamasoft.WebControls" Assembly="UltimateMenu" %> Line 2: <%@ Page Language="vb" smartnavigation="True" CodeBehind="Assessorhome.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="NavajoCountyWebSite.Assessorhome" %> Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\NavajoCountyWebSite\Assessors\Assessorhome.aspx    Line: 1

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'UltimateMenu' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = UltimateMenu (Partial) LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : (Unknown). === LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: UltimateMenu LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/navajocountywebsite_assessors/be7b5bde/5d6ed094/UltimateMenu.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/navajocountywebsite_assessors/be7b5bde/5d6ed094/UltimateMenu/UltimateMenu.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors/bin/UltimateMenu.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors/bin/UltimateMenu/UltimateMenu.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/navajocountywebsite_assessors/be7b5bde/5d6ed094/UltimateMenu.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/navajocountywebsite_assessors/be7b5bde/5d6ed094/UltimateMenu/UltimateMenu.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors/bin/UltimateMenu.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors/bin/UltimateMenu/UltimateMenu.EXE. 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I'm really unhappy with the way menubuilder can't do relative referencing of the css file.  I can place the css file in the same subdirectory as the xml file and it still won't recognize it unless I provide a full path.  This makes testing web stuff offline on a different machine very hard.

02 Nov 2004, 8:14 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Have you copied UltimateMenu.dll into the bin directory of your application and built it? Please follow the Tutorial in the Help directory of KaramasoftMenuBuilder to see the steps involved in registering the control in your application.

02 Nov 2004, 8:31 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-26-2004
Posts 12
Yes.  All that was done.  The menus at the top level of my web project work fine.  My problems all seem to be trying to work with documents in subdirectories.

02 Nov 2004, 8:44 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-26-2004
Posts 12
Ok.  New info.  I deleted the Karamasoft menu control and then put it back on.  I still get an error message, but it's now:

Server Error in '/NavajoCountyWebSite/Assessors' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'NavajoCountyWebSite.Assessorhome'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" smartnavigation="True" CodeBehind="Assessorhome.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="NavajoCountyWebSite.Assessorhome" %> Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Karamasoft.WebControls" Assembly="UltimateMenu" %> Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\NavajoCountyWebSite\Assessors\Assessorhome.aspx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

For some reason, either the Karamasoft menu control or VS.NET is adding the "Inherits="NavajoCountyWebSite.Assessorhome" and that is causing the error message.  If I delete the control, delete the "Inherits="NavajoCountyWebSite.Assessorhome" and the line with the register tagprefix, the page will run fine.

Any clues?

02 Nov 2004, 9:48 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
You shouldn't delete that line. Normally when you add a new web form (aspx page) to your web application it automatically add that Page that at the head of the aspx page, in which it has something like:

"<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" codebehind="PageName.aspx.vb" Inherits=WebApplicationName.PageName"

In the aspx.vb page it has "Public Class PageName" at the head.

You may try to add a new page in one of those subdirectories, and then add the UltimateMenu control from scratch. It seems like you have the old web pages copied from another project and it doesn't like those tags.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateMenu » Re: Ok, I'm really at my wit's end now....

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2021 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.