Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateEditorMVC
Re: UltimateEditorMVC typing issue for iPad and other tablets

Thread Starter: pivko4life   Started: 08-23-2012 9:33 AM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditorMVC » Re: UltimateEditorMVC typing issue for iPad and other tablets
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  23 Aug 2012, 9:33 AM
pivko4life is not online. Last active: 11/24/2013 9:38:19 PM pivko4life

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 10-10-2007
Posts 32
UltimateEditorMVC typing issue for iPad and other tablets

I have the following problem using UltimateEditorMVC control on tablets in my MVC application.   After clicking on the UltimateEditorMVC control to focus on it, I am able to type in anything I want.  After I typed something in, I highlight the text and click on the bold icon on the toolbar to bold the selected text.  Then, after I click on the UltimateEditorMVC control to type some additional text beneath the existing text, nothing gets entered into the control.  The only thing that I can do to fix this behaviour is to click on the spell-check icon on the toolbar to bring up the spell-check window.  After exiting the spell-check window, I can resume typing in the UltimateEditorMVC field.  I was able to recreate this issue on your sample site.  Let me know if you need any additional information or further details of the issue.  Thanks in advance!

29 Aug 2012, 2:58 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
UltimateEditor currently doesn't work for mobile devices because they don't support editable iframes (the content area of the editor). We are planning to render a textarea element without any toolbars or status bars for mobile devices and display plain HTML as the content. Would it be something useful for you or do you have any suggestions?

31 Aug 2012, 2:43 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820

We added a new property called UserAgentsToRenderTextArea and you can set its value to a pipe-delimited list of user agents to render the editor as text area (e.g. "ipad|iphone").

We released a new build and it is now reay to download on our website. Please download the latest version and try with it.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEditorMVC » Re: UltimateEditorMVC typing issue for iPad and other tablets

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.