Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateAjax
Re: search selected title in document and put cursor on that title (long file navigation by section wise)

Thread Starter: sejal   Started: 08-18-2012 8:10 AM   Replies: 4
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateAjax » Re: search selected title in document and put cursor on that title (long file navigation by section wise)
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  18 Aug 2012, 8:10 AM
sejal is not online. Last active: 8/22/2012 7:00:31 PM sejal

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-18-2012
Posts 6
search selected title in document and put cursor on that title (long file navigation by section wise)

Hi

I have question that I need to change section in same document depending on dropdownlist box. how I can do it?

As for example, I have loaded one document in web editor that have four section, named section1, section2, section3, and section4, each section has some details. and I put one dropdownlist box that have item name section1, section2, section3, and section4.

now I want to navigate/put my cursor in webeditor file (its single file/document) depending on dropdownlistbox section/item.

Please help me.

=== Edited by sejal @ 18 Aug 2012 8:13 AM [GMT -8] ===
Its similar to following link. In addition I would like to select from dropdown box and depending of selection of section name my cursor should reach on that content/section name in web editor file such as word document or htm document.

https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/pregnancy.php#rights

https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/pregnancy.php#pregnancy

19 Aug 2012, 12:15 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: search selected title in document and put cursor on that title (long file navigation by section wise)
There is no built-in functionality to place the cursor to an anchor element. However, you can use the client-side API methods such as GetCurrentRange to retrieve the current range and programmatically find your anchor elements to move the cursor to. Please refer to the documentation at http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimateEditor/ClientAPI.htm.

19 Aug 2012, 7:37 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-18-2012
Posts 6

Thnks there,

I have worked on what you suggest about client-side API methods such as GetCurrentRange to retrieve the current range.

Now, I am stuck..

how I can  programmatically find my anchor elements to move the cursor to the selected title?

would you like to explain more please?

20 Aug 2012, 2:21 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
You will need to refer to the documentation for the range object for your browser as explained at http://www.karamasoft.com/UltimateEditor/ClientAPI.htm. Then, you can use the methods such as move to move your range to find your anchor elements.

22 Aug 2012, 6:51 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-18-2012
Posts 6

well, I havn't find solution at.

Looking for extended help.

I would appricicate your support.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateAjax » Re: search selected title in document and put cursor on that title (long file navigation by section wise)

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.