Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateSearch
FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows

Thread Starter: jhartley   Started: 05-02-2012 7:43 AM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  02 May 2012, 7:43 AM
jhartley is not online. Last active: 4/17/2018 8:02:59 AM jhartley

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-06-2009
Posts 22
FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows
I would like to setup auto indexing on a number of sites all dependent on a file I specify in the FileDependencyApp, or by a separate batch file.  The issue I am having is that if I have 20 sites all using the browser querystring method, I will end up with 140 open instances of a browser per week.  Now if I expand this out a bit and I have 50 sites I could have 1,500 browser instances open a month.  How would I go about closing the browser once the indexing has completed?

14 May 2012, 7:36 AM
jhartley is not online. Last active: 4/17/2018 8:02:59 AM jhartley

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-06-2009
Posts 22
Re: FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows
No reply?  Since auto-indexing has been removed from the previous versions, I need to come up with a solution.  It seems the one you offer will cause serious performance issues with the number open windows.  Could someone at Karamasoft please provide a viable solution to indexing?

14 May 2012, 9:06 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820
Re: FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows

We released a new build today with this feature. If your license has expired, you'll need to renew your license. Please download a free trial edition in order to test this feature before you renew your license.

If you want to close the browser window automatically after the indexing operation completes, you'll need to pass an additional querystring parameter as below:

http://localhost/Karamasoft/ASP.NET3.5/UltimateSearch/v3.3/Demos/CS/UltimateSearchInclude/Admin/UltimateSearch.admin.aspx?cmd=IndexFull&close=yes

Please also make sure you have a copy of Close.Admin.htm file under the Admin folder of your app. You may find a copy of this file under the Controls directory.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateSearch » FileDependencyApp and multiple IE windows

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2019 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.