Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateEmail
using Session state variables causes UEmail merge to block postbacks

Thread Starter: alsig   Started: 06-02-2011 2:02 PM   Replies: 3
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEmail » using Session state variables causes UEmail merge to block postbacks
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  02 Jun 2011, 2:02 PM
alsig is not online. Last active: 8/26/2013 12:14:19 PM alsig

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2011
Posts 22
using Session state variables causes UEmail merge to block postbacks
it seems that if i use any Session state variables in my program all button presses and UltimateAjax postbacks (including UAjax autoPostBack) are blocked from the time when SendMailMerge is called, until it completes.

When i do not use any Session state variables I can use buttons to pause and continue and the status updates in my UltimateAjax area work perfectly.

I am  using .NET 2.0, w/ full version of UltimateSuite. UltimateEmail version 1.2.3777.19956
What is it about Session variables that causes this?  Need workaround, please!
Thanks

10 Jun 2011, 6:06 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2011
Posts 22
Re: using Session state variables causes UEmail merge to block postbacks

hello?  karamasoft?  anybody?  Am I the only one who has this problem w/ all postbacks blocking when calling SendMailMerge() after setting any Session state variable?

It's been over a week and no response, and I am using the paid full version of your Suite.

10 Jun 2011, 7:11 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2011
Posts 22

I sent you, via eMail, a modified version of your SendAttachments.aspx and SendAttachments.aspx.vb.  If you did not receive the eMail please let me know where to send it.

See Page_Load() in .vb and you'll find the single line of code Session("...") that causes the problem.

It doesn't matter where the Session State variable is set - any Class or any Module.

If no Session variables are used, the Pause and Show Status buttons work as expected.

Feel free to press 'Show Status' at any time, and you'll get an update of the status Mail Merge.

You may press 'Pause' and the Mail Merge will be paused after the next message has been sent.

If Session variables are assigned, however, the postBacks are stacked until after SendMailMerge() completes.

Please note:  I set a batch interval of 5000 and batch size of 1 to make it easier to pause during the Mail Merge.

I hope this describes the problem in adequate detail so this issue may be resolved as quickly and easily as possible.

Thanks,

Alan S.

13 Jun 2011, 9:58 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
We received your attachment and tested with it. As strange as it sounds, you're correct in your assessment that dealing with session variables adversely affects the event handling within the page. We're still looking into it, and will let you know if we come up with a resolution.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateEmail » using Session state variables causes UEmail merge to block postbacks

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.