Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimatePanel
Re: adding panel to existing project w/ UltimateEditor and UltimateTabstrip

Thread Starter: alsig   Started: 03-23-2011 3:49 PM   Replies: 2
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Re: adding panel to existing project w/ UltimateEditor and UltimateTabstrip
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  23 Mar 2011, 3:49 PM
alsig is not online. Last active: 8/26/2013 12:14:19 PM alsig

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2011
Posts 22
adding panel to existing project w/ UltimateEditor and UltimateTabstrip
I have a VS 2008 .NET web project w/ Editor/Spell and Tabstrip components.  I developed my UltimatePanel app in a seperate project.  When I try to bring the Panel .aspx in to the main project, i get an error in the .designer.vb page:

Error 1 Type 'Karamasoft.WebControls.UltimatePanel' is not defined.

I have checked the Object Browser and Karamasoft.Webcontrols does contain an UltimatePanel component, but it claims no references to it.

The .dll is in the bin folder. 

The Scripts folder has been included.

I deleted all the temp folders from ASP.NET

I tried adding and deleting the Panel in the .aspx file.

But it seems every time i add one of your components i go through the same exercise of rebuilding my project from scratch.  Same thing when I added Tabstrips to the project w/ Editor.

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks,
Alan S.

23 Mar 2011, 4:10 PM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 5/8/2018 10:36:45 AM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,820

In addition to copying UltimatePanel.dll to your bin folder, you should also add a reference to it in your project. Right-click References, select Add reference and point to the new dll under the bin folder of your web app.

Rather than copying aspx and vb pages from another app, add a new web form to your new app, and copy the contents of aspx and vb pages selectively. For instance, you shouldn't copy the Page directive line on top of the aspx page because it has its own Inherits property based on the namespace used in the other project. You can copy the remaining part. Similarly, you should copy the whole content of the vb page, but only the content of each method. If there is an event handler, you should generate that event handler method first in the new app, and copy the content of that method from the old one.

23 Mar 2011, 4:45 PM
alsig is not online. Last active: 8/26/2013 12:14:19 PM alsig

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2011
Posts 22
THANK YOU!!!!!  I needed to add the Reference to the DLL. 
BTW - I always build my stubs using the same Namespace and Class Names as in the main project to make integration simpler.  It was the DLL Reference that I was missing.
Thanks, again!
Alan S.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Re: adding panel to existing project w/ UltimateEditor and UltimateTabstrip

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.