Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimateTabstrip
Re: None of events are handled within a control in a ultimatetabstrip.

Thread Starter: Yoomeek   Started: 10-19-2009 9:44 AM   Replies: 7
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateTabstrip » Re: None of events are handled within a control in a ultimatetabstrip.
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  19 Oct 2009, 9:44 AM
Yoomeek is not online. Last active: 10/20/2009 12:00:16 PM Yoomeek

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-19-2009
Posts 4
None of events are handled within a control in a ultimatetabstrip.

I have a page that contains UltimateTabstrip.   I created an user control and included in a 2nd tab.

None of events are handled within a user control that I created.

I know the events are fired because it postback the control but the breakpoint never hits in the control.

I added the following code to ultimatetabstrip control pageload during postback.  When the breakpoint hit the code,  __EVENTTARGET and __EVENTARGUMENT are always empty when it hits the code.

Button btn1 = (Button)UltimateTabstripShowBuilder.FindControl("btnSearch");

if (Page.Request.Form.Get("__EVENTTARGET") == btn1.ClientID){

string[] tokens = Page.Request.Form.Get("__EVENTARGUMENT").Split('$');

switch (tokens[0]) {}
}

What am I doing wrong ?

19 Oct 2009, 9:55 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
Please check the server-side events sample at http://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateTabstrip&sample=ServerEvents. You need to set AutoEventWireup="True" in the aspx page tag. You should also set AutoPostBack="True" onactivetabchanged="UltimateTabstrip1_ActiveTabChanged" in the UltimateTabstrip control in the aspx page. Then you can handle this event in your code behind file as shown in the provided aspx.cs and aspx.vb files.

19 Oct 2009, 10:21 AM

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-19-2009
Posts 4
I added AutoEventWireup="true" to aspx and autopostback="true" to .ascx for tabstripcontrol.

Yet no difference. It doesn't even stop at the

"OnActiveTabChanged".

19 Oct 2009, 10:31 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818

Please test with the provided sample C# and VB applications to see how they work. If the problem persists with your own app, you may send us a self-contained app in a zip file attachment.

19 Oct 2009, 11:29 AM

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-19-2009
Posts 4
I tested the code and sample code works.  I think the problem is in nested control.

When I move the code out of my showfinder.ascx and put them in maincontrol.ascx along with other tab codes , it works.

It doesn't work only when I have 2nd tab contents in  showfinder.ascx.  The showfinder.ascx is contained in  maincontrol.ascx where main tab control and 1st tab contents are defined.

of course maincontrol.ascx is included in main.aspx where

AutoEventWireup="true".

I cannot put all tab codes in maincontrol.ascx because multiple programmers work on each tab and we don't want to work on single file.

19 Oct 2009, 5:11 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
You can try programmatically raising an event in MainControl.ascx and catch that event and handle it in ShowFinder.ascx. Please refer to MSDN documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkzf914z(VS.71).aspx to see how you can raise an event.

20 Oct 2009, 9:43 AM

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-19-2009
Posts 4
okay.  this is what I found so far.  All events are fired and handled in a second tab until i put the gridview control.

Once I put the gridview control,  the events such as ddlList_selectedIndexChanged are not coming back to event handler.

Yes I can see __EVENTTARGET and __EVENTARGUMENT so I can manually handle by checking the values.  Is there any bug reported in terms of Gridview blocking other events coming to the page?

20 Oct 2009, 12:10 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
One other user was having issues with the SelectedIndexChanged event handler inside the GridView control. Please refer to the post at http://forums.karamasoft.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6626.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimateTabstrip » Re: None of events are handled within a control in a ultimatetabstrip.

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.