Home Search Member List Faq Register Login  
UltimatePanel
Re: panel tree items

Thread Starter: johacami   Started: 08-22-2009 1:30 AM   Replies: 6
 Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Re: panel tree items
 Printable Version    « Previous Thread   Next Thread »
  22 Aug 2009, 1:30 AM
johacami is not online. Last active: 6/2/2011 9:43:49 AM johacami

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-20-2009
Posts 6
panel tree items
Hi guys,

I've been trying the tool for a few days now and looks quite promissing. I was ready to begin working on it in my production environment (pressed on time right now) but I see that I can not edit nor select items on the tree panel, they're all displayed horizontally and can not be selected. I followed a number of your posts  here, many of which suggest just installing the iewebcontrols, but after doing that about 15 times it seems to me that it might not help me. I'm running win2k3, ie7, running from the default root/localhost. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

-Mike

22 Aug 2009, 9:41 AM
Karamasoft is not online. Last active: 11/10/2017 3:24:14 PM Karamasoft

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
IEWebControls is needed if you design the panel through the PanelBuilder. Are you referring to the PanelBuilder that you cannot edit the panel items? If that is the case, the problem seems to be related to the installation of IEWebControls. Have you downloaded from our website at http://www.karamasoft.com/IEWebControlsDownload/iewebcontrols.msi

Please also note that if you don't use C:\Inetpub\wwwwroot as your default website root you need to copy the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 directory into your default localhost root.

If this doesn't help, you can send us a self-contained web app having this issue so that we can try it in our test environment.

22 Aug 2009, 12:33 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-20-2009
Posts 6
Thanks for the response buddy. Everything is as you mentioned (wwwroot) part, and yes, I'm refering to the panelbuilder part. I think it definitely has to do with my browser, which I have installed and uninstalled a few times now (ie8 and ie7). I can not even see the marquee sample working here but I do see it from another computer. Also, if I use mozilla, I can actually see the items in the panel tree, which means that the prob.  is directly related to my explorer in this server. I've tried to play a little with the settings on my security tab ie8 but no luck so far. Any suggestion regarding the settings of ie? I believe that's where the prob. is.

-Mike

22 Aug 2009, 5:08 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
You may want to check the security settings in your IE8 browser and try to reduce the security level to see if it helps. You can also try enabling the IE7 compatibility mode in your IE8 browser.

23 Aug 2009, 2:57 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-20-2009
Posts 6
Yeah did that already with the security and the ie7 comp., at least got the marquee working after some tweaking on the ie8 security part. Still no luck with that web controls in ie8. I decided to use mozilla to do the design since it works with some problems but later on found major ones. Will try with ie6 now, if not then, well, it's been a week, I believe it's one of those things that will really eat you Smile, so you're better off moving on. Thanks though for the assistance.

23 Aug 2009, 2:49 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 08-20-2009
Posts 6
Hey guys, well after an all-niter, I was able to fix the issue, thanks to this post at Microsoft: http://forums.asp.net/t/945217.aspx
Looks like it needs some tweaking at the config, so, if someone find him/her self in this situation just follow that link.

thanks,

23 Aug 2009, 3:03 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-05-2004
Posts 6,818
Glad to hear that you resolved the issue. Thanks for sharing the link with other UltimatePanel developers.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Karamasoft Support Forums » General Discussions » UltimatePanel » Re: panel tree items

You can add attachments
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You can delete your posts
You can edit your posts
You can create polls
You can vote in polls
Forum statistics are enabled
Forum is unmoderated

© 2002-2018 Karamasoft LLC. All rights reserved.