UltimateEditor
Topic: Re: Remove Microsoft Word formatting
Karamasoft Support Forums

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

Posted by gthomson on 01-11-2007 1:14 AM
Many of the people that use my app copy/paste from Microsoft Word to the editor.

Is there a way to remove all the Microsoft Word-specific formatting tags in Ultimate Editor? A previous WYSIWYG editor I was using gave them this option.

I've received messages that Ultimate Editor was extremely slow, but after they copy/pasted the info into Wordpad, and then back, the WYSIWYG editor was considerably quicker.

Greg
gthomson@tierrasoftware.com

Posted by Karamasoft on 01-11-2007 12:09 PM

Have you tried cleaning the formatting using "Remove Format" button of the UltimateEditor. By default, this button is placed next to "Find and Replace" and "Select All" buttons.

Posted by gthomson on 01-19-2007 4:31 AM
Won't this then remove all formatting?

Many of the people using my app have their info stored in Word for use elsewhere (i.e. secretaries in K-12 school offices), and they don't want to re-type, or re-format, so just copy/paste from Word.

They do want to keep the layout, and the formatting, but I need it to be cleaned up from what comes over directly from Microsoft Word so that it's in a more HTML friendly markup, but also so they don't have to re-format once they copy over.

If they have to re-format after copy/pasting, they simply won't use it...

Greg

Posted by Karamasoft on 01-19-2007 10:15 AM
We released a new version of our components, including UltimateEditor, yesterday. It has a new CleanWordFormat feature. Please download the latest version.

Posted by gthomson on 01-19-2007 11:25 AM
Perfect timing - will give it a try this weekend and see how goes.
Thanks for the quick response.

Greg

Posted by gthomson on 01-19-2007 12:00 PM
Can you tell me how to download an upgrade of Ultimate Editor and Spell, and to see the status of my license (i.e. subscription, time left, etc...)?
I see the download for a trial, and a purchase of a license, but can't find a login to download an upgrade.

During the upgrade...
Just install on the developer machine, and copy the .dll's and two folders into the Visual Studio app and overwrite the previous, then re-deploy the new pieces?

Greg

Posted by Karamasoft on 01-19-2007 12:09 PM
You are correct about the installations steps. Override your old DLLs and UltimateEditorInclude and UltimateSpellInclude directories with the new ones, rebuild your web application and deploy the new pieces. If you send us an email including your email address or license key when you purchased the product, we can send you the status of your license and the download instructions.