Topic: Re: ScriptManager Error
Karamasoft Support Forums

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

Posted by Kaashi on 12-07-2015 2:57 PM
We are using Ultimatetabstrip in a usercontrol in master page.

Added another tabstrip with 2 tabs to a content page. Now trying to add MS report control to the tabs in content page but it is giving an error.

Posted by Karamasoft on 12-07-2015 6:11 PM
What exactly is the error message? How are you adding the report control? If you send us a self-contained web app having the issue, we can try it in our test environment.

Posted by Karamasoft on 12-09-2015 9:56 AM
We couldn't build the sample app you sent because of the libraries referenced in your web config such as ReportViewer but by looking at your source code you are trying to add a report control inside the ContentTemplate of your UpdatePanel while the report viewer requires a System.Web.UI.ScriptManager. You can try adding the ScriptManager along with your report viewer inside the ContentTemplate area to see if it helps.

Posted by Kaashi on 12-09-2015 10:14 AM
Thank you for update. I tried adding ScriptManager along with report viewer and I am still getting same error. Outside of Tabstrip it is working ok. Please let me know if I need to send anything else for you to be able to build it.

Posted by Karamasoft on 12-09-2015 7:03 PM
If the ReportViewer control requires ScriptManager, it might be doing some initialization after the page is loaded. Therefore, placing it inside the content pane of the tabstrip might not work since UltimateTabstrip doesn't natively support UpdatePanel. If you want to integrate UltimateTabstrip with other controls in an AJAX scenario, you can try using integrating it with UltimateAjax as demonstrated at https://www.karamasoft.com/Samples.aspx?component=UltimateTabstrip&sample=AjaxTabstrip.